Wednesday, August 20, 2014


Acupressure

Online Research:

Go Online. Look for and provide the following information. Publish your information as a new post in your Electronic Portfolio.

Duties and Responsibilities: It is believed that acupressure can cure a number of ailments. Because of this, Acupressure Therapists see a wide range of clients. Some of them might have physical pain like arthritis, backache, or muscle stiffness, while others might be suffering from nausea, depression, or stress. As an Acupressure Therapist, you can tap, pinch, clap, drum, or knock (and even use your feet) on your client. What you do and for how long depends on the severity and location of the pain. Most client sessions last between 15 minutes and an hour, and you decide how often to see the patient based on their symptoms

Salary: $38,000 – $137,000

Education: In states that require licensure for massage therapists, aspiring acupressure technicians must undergo formal training. Programs that offer acupressure training may integrate other methods of Chinese healing into their curricula. Topics of study may include anatomy, business, ethics, reflexology, aromatherapy and acupressure bodywork. Students also are likely to participate in supervised clinical practicums






Refection: Do you think you would like to be one? Why?Why not?

I don’t think I would like to be a acupressure because I really don’t like touching others. I’m saying that I feel like instead of helping massaging them I’m going to hurt them.  In my opinion I wouldn’t I prefer staying to my dream job. J
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment