Monday, August 18, 2014


Psychiatrist

Duties and Responsibilities:

Psychiatrists are physicians who specialize in the problems of mental illnesses. As physicians, they are licensed to use a wide variety of treatments and may write prescriptions. Psychiatrists may work for the government, have their own private practice, or work on hospitals, clinics, or universities. Their duties include:

·        Designing treatment programs.

·        Conducting psychotherapy sessions.

·        Prescribing potent mental illness drugs.

·        Supervising electrotherapy treatments.

·        Conducting research.

·        Leading a team of metal health care providers.

Average Salary: $90,000-$200,000

Educational Requirements: Bachelors, Masters, Ph.D. degrees

    In addition to completing the requirements for a degree in allopathic or osteopathic medicine, psychiatrists must complete an intensive three year residency in psychiatry.

                          




Reflection: Do you think you would like to be one? Why? Why not?

    I think I would like to be a psychiatry because I like to hear about people’s life and how I can help them and what we can change in there lives. I sometimes do that with my friend that always has problems everyday and she tells me and in return I give her advice. J

No comments:

Post a Comment