Tuesday, January 13, 2015


Registered Dietitian

Online Research:

Go online. Look for and provide the information. Publish your information as a new post in your Electronic Portfolio and upload to Dropbox.

Duties and Responsibilities: What a registered dietitian does is to promote healthy eating and nutrition. They create individual or group meal plans to make sure people or patients obtain the nutrition they need. They may also work with specific groups of people/patients such as overweight individuals, those who have medical problems such as diabetes or high blood pressure, pregnant women and the elderly. One last thing they do is often educate the public about food selection and nutrition.

Salary: $42,000 - $92,200

Education: You must obtain a bachelor’s degree and have 1,200 hours of supervised clinical training. You must also pass a national exam by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.


Reflection: Do you think you would like to be one? Why? Why not?

I don’t think I would like to be one because I’m not interested in the health perspective of the medical career. To me I’m interested in the medical field, like treatments or check-ups stuff like that. If I had an opportunity to be in this I would love to go just for the help and extra push one needs. J

No comments:

Post a Comment