Friday, March 6, 2015


Oncologist
Online Research:
Go Online. Look for and provide the following information. Publish your information as a new post in your electronic portfolio and upload to Dropbox.
Duties and Responsibilities: Medical oncologist are physicians who specialize in diagnosing and treating cancer. They work as a cancer treatment team, composed of numbers of different healthcare professionals who work to provide treatment for cancer patients. There main job duties are to making cancer diagnoses, keeping records of patients' test results and physical examinations, writing prescriptions, providing specific cancer information to patients, monitoring treatment plans and improving patients' quality of life. There main job is to explain cancer development stages to patients, discuss treatment options and assist in pain management and to care for patients throughout the entire course of cancer treatment, from diagnosis to recovery or death.
Salary: $217,856-$400,526
Education: You must obtain a bachelor’s degree in the biological and chemical science area. You must also take a Medical College Admission Test and a program of four years of class room studies, lab work, and supervised clinical or hospital rotations. An additional 3-8 years of internships and residencies; oncologists must also pass a state licensing exam before they can practice medicine.
Reflection: Do you think you would like to be one? Why? Why not?  
I don’t think I would like to be one because when I see someone with cancer it makes me sad to see them. I’m an emotional person and if I were on the job for this I probably couldn’t handle it but if I were brave enough I would love to be one to at least know I’m helping out especially because it is cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment